School's out for summer! While all that sunshiney free time can be a lovely break allowing you to spend more quality time with the kids, it can also leave you wondering what to do to keep them busy each day. Bored kids can often lead to stressed out mom and dad.
Fear not, parent! Here are 25 ideas for a fun summer you all will love: kids, mom, and dad. No matter where you live or what weather you find yourself in, you should be able to try all of these free or inexpensive ideas. These boredom busters will make this summer a bit more magical for all of you.
1. Find local free museum days for air-conditioned fun.
2. Make your own popsicles.
Recipe Runner has a healthy, high protein chocolate pop you will like just as much as your kids will!3. Try a traditional meal from a different country each week.
4. Toss good ol’ fashioned water balloons.
5. Go rollerblading: fun for the kids, great exercise for mom and dad!
6. Try an outdoor science experiment to keep the kids learning while they are having fun.
Rhythms of Play has a simple human sundial experiment on their blog!
7. Attend a local farmer’s market.
8. Find your favorite album from childhood on Spotify, put it on, and have a dance party with the kids.
9. Stargaze in the backyard.
10. Recreate famous paintings with watercolors.
11. Help the kids make an ice cream craft and then go out for ice cream as whole family.
I Heart Crafty Things has a fun cupcake liner ice cream cone craft the kids will love.
12. Throw a movie night complete with a pillow fort and popcorn.
13. Print out free summer coloring pages.
14. Go bowling.
15. Visit a nearby historical site.
16. Make a bird feeder.
The Resourceful Mama has a simple bird feeder tutorial the kids can make too!
17. Play a new card game.
18. Find a neighbor who needs a bit of help and pitch in as a whole family.
19. Make s’mores.
Bella’s blog has a great alternative for those who don’t have an at-home firepit!
20. Hike a family-friendly trail and take pictures of interesting birds or plants along the way.
21. Breakfast for dinner - PJs included!
22. Read a children’s book then watch the movie version on Netflix.
23. Paint terra cotta pots with the kids to add some flowers to the house or front porch.
Edventures With Kids has a fun tutorial for these colorful pots.
24. Fly kites.
25. Buy each child their own summer journal to document all their fun activities - picture drawings make great entries for little ones who can’t write yet.
Are there any summer activities or crafts you’ve tried so far this summer? Share your photos with us by tagging us (we’re @justsayinvinyl) on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and we’ll post our favorites!
To fun and frolicks in the sun,
As we approach this warm season, we often want to spend as much time outdoors as possible. That doesn’t mean we should forget about the inside of our homes! After all, summer is the time for inviting friends and family over for dinners and BBQ lunches. Bringing in some new life to your home will [...]
Inspirational quotes are super trendy right now. It probably doesn’t take much more than 10 seconds of scrolling through Facebook to see one pop up on your feed. And who doesn’t like a really excellent, empowering, or fun inspirational quote? They are little snippets of wisdom that keep us grounded and give us an extra [...]
Have you joined our Facebook Group yet? It’s called Just Sayin’ DIY & Home Improvement and we’re having lots of fun over there sharing our DIY masterpieces and challenging each other to home improvement projects. We’re building a fab community full of passionate and creative individuals and we’d love for you to be a part [...]
This week, I’m thrilled to be featuring beautiful, super creative mama, Krystal of Raw Metal Decor. Krystal creates and sells gorgeous custom laser cut metal signage and decor through her Etsy shop. She balances life as a busy mom to a toddler and two teenage girls with life as a busy entrepreneur by running her business [...]
Want to have a little green inspired fun with the kids this St. Patrick’s Day? We have compiled a list of a few healthy green treats to make for or with the kids over the next week. Not only are they fun and St. Paddy approved, these treats will satisfy both the kids and mom. [...]
I am beyond thrilled with the response we’ve had so far to the ‘A Day in the Life of a Creative Entrepreneur’ series! It’s been wonderful to see how inspired you all get from the stories behind these beautiful and bold business owners. These ladies have proven that you don’t need a business degree, lots [...]
This week, I’m excited to introduce you to fabulous creative mama, Zenia. Zenia is the owner of Small Glow where she creates and sells gorgeous mugs and prints that help to ignite a fire in your belly and encourage you to keep on hustlin’. It’s hard not to stay motivated when you’re drinking coffee out of [...]
A Day in the Life of an Entrepreneur: Caroline Randall of Caroline Randall Made + A Special Giveaway!
I’m so excited to share with you a new post that I’m planning to make a regular feature on the blog: A Day in the Life of an Entrepreneur! I get so inspired seeing other creative mamas build thriving online businesses doing what they love. It’s a real lifestyle choice that takes drive, commitment, and perseverance [...]
Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable time with your loved ones over the holidays. We sure did!Every new year brings with it new opportunities to learn and create. And the wintery season is a wonderful time to do this. There is so much fun to be had outside [...]